VIDEO: Resilience Divide Round Table
by Maureen Couch
On December 16th, 2020, BlueDot hosted an online panel discussion on the critical role of communications in our national security strategy. In the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic, the tech sector began a conversation on how communication is continuously interrupted by the unexpected – natural disasters, infrastructure instability, global virus infections – and their responsibility to the matter. Emergency managers have been preparing for the fallout of the unexpected and now we are bringing the two industries together to address the main concerns and find answers to some of our most troubling circumstances that lay ahead.
The panel included:
- Daniela Perdomo, goTenna CEO
- Sean Griffin, DisasterTech CEO
- Beth Zimmerman, former FEMA Associate Administrator
- Craig Fugate, former FEMA Administrator & BlueDot Senior Advisor
- Moderator: Mike Gruss, Executive Editor of C4ISRNET
Our expert panelists engaged in an online thought-provoking conversation on the future of communication, technology, and emergency management, discussing what’s next and can we be ready?